1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glitches/Long pauses when playing burned DVD back on dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Sinclare, May 9, 2002.

1. Sinclare

Sinclare Guest

Hardware: Pioneer A03, Radeon 7500 All In Wonder
    Software: Ulead Movie Factory (for capture and burning)
    Process: Capture of 1-2 hour home video off of VCR then authoring the whole thing (usually 1-3 gigs) with bookmarks to appropriate places.

Problem: When first put in set top DVD player and selecting certian bookmarks toward the end of the movie it has long pauses (4-5 minutes) and sometimes I have to just eject the dvd, put it back in, and try again. However, after it does access that bookmark the problem goes away until the next time.

I saw one mention of a similar problem in the vcd section which was related to bit rates but since I am fairly new to this I though I would as with specifics. The reason I need this problem fixed is that I am trying to work up a little side business to convert people's home video's to DVD and this kind of thing is a show stopper. Any help is appreciated.

2. digger

digger Member

THE PROBLEM IS YOUR DVD PLAYER OR THE MEDIA YOU ARE USING WHEN THE UNIT GETS HOT IT LOSSES FOCUS ON THE DVD DISC

3. Sinclare

Sinclare Guest

Thanks, that is quite possible now that I think about it. I have my DVD player in a enclosed entertainment center (with glass doors) along with a vcr and pvr. It gets quite hot in there if I keep the doors closed so that might be it. Also I can't remember but the particular disk may have been one of those princo's I bought thinking it was a good deal at the time. I will try cooling the DVD player first and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again.

4. digger

digger Member

princo's are grade b discs their ok for less than 3 gig but anything bigger the outer edge of the dvd disc gets corupted. Also ive found when they get hot the two discs they are made from seperate destroying the data