1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Cyber Shop? Should I?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _D3DAiM_, Jan 19, 2004.

1. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Has anyone noticed and or bought from this site?

http://www.mod-chips.net/product_details.asp?ID=1439

They offer pretty cheap modchips, especially this DMS3 V2.0 modchip they claim is not OEM for $45 USD! If it is true, I'm deffinetly buying from this site.

It is also strange, because there are sooo many different shops (www.-----.com) on google that all link to Go Cyber Shop!. Any comments???

2. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

dunno bro...i saw that site too when i was searching for a mod and it seemed too good to be true when almost every site on the net sells the dms for 60 bux or higher

i got frustrated searching for good deals and looking through con sites so i just stuck with the fliptop

try checking that site that peeps submit reviews about a store's service...perhaps u get lucky and there is some info about it there, or hopefully u find someone that has done business with them here

i bet that site is hiding something...sure $45 for the chip but then how much for shipping? probably 30 or 40bux, some absurd number...gotta hate when they do that

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  3. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Just looked at the shipping. $6. No tax.

On the bad side:
    1)Not responsible for damage during shipping.
    2)Only Refundable within 10 days.
    3)Not responsible for damage caused after opening.
    4)Cannot be returned after opening. (if in MINT CONDITION, they may reconsider).

In conclusion, it still sounds too good to be true as you said. I'll try to find some reviews and inform u...

4. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Strange. I found this site.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5304.html

It mostly consists of bad reviews, but in most of them the only problem was they recieved their product later than expected. Some had complex issues. But then again, most people only write reviews when something bad happens, other people who are satasfied tend to skip writing a review. So mainly, I believe it was just a gathering of a handful of unlucky recipients. I don't really mind recieving a late product, so I'll look a little more and consider giving them a shot.

5. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

This was one strange part of a dissatasfied review:

[bold]The latest e-mail I received from gocybershop....
    We cancelled your order because you put something bad about us on the re-seller rating on the net. Your order has already been refunded.[bold]

Sincerely,
    Jeramie
    GO CYBER SHOP! Staff

AND TO REPLY TO GOCYBERSHOP, I WILL THINK ABOUT CHANGING WHATS WRITTEN HERE AS SOON AS I GET MY MONEY BACK.

-----------------------------------------------------
    He eventually got his money back. I believe Go Cyber Shop! was commiting some sort of fraud, don't you think? Well, that teaches you not to go putting bad reviews on the web and pissing off companies who don't really give a !@#$. lol.

6. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

With the exception of the post above, all the other dissatasfied customers were dissastafied because of their own mistakes, as clearly pointed out from replies to the bad posts from the Go Cyber Shop!'s Staff themselves. The only dissapointing thing that i feal that is not the customers' fault is the lack of Go Cyber Shop!'s customer service. For some reason their customer service is bad, but their replies to bad reviews are good! Through the reviews Go Cyber Shop!'s staff has also increased to handle problems.

7. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

I bought my Swap Magic boots discs from them and they arrived fine. The only thing is that they arrived late because they didn't check off Sat./Sun. delivery on the box, so I paid for overnight and they arrived in 3 days. That kinda pissed me off a bit. :|

8. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

nice researching....for some reason, judging by the complaints the site seems very unprofessional. It appears to be ran by a single individual 'jeramie'...to me this sounds like someone who made a site out of stuff they got tired of listing on ebay...

if you are in the mood for a gamble, you can try it out 50bux +sh included is not bad at all for a dms, and it seems they are willing to refund you

im just not too fond of online sellers that appear to be unprofessional. Frankly, it sounds like a kid...to cancel an order because they had a grudge about a complaint on reseller ratings, that just seems plain childish

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  9. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

I dunno, there was also a lot of good responses. The main problem to the bad ones was the people didn't look at the text that said the thing they wanted was on backorder or they did not supply Go Cyber Shop! with enough information... I'm willing to try them out, I have the time to wait.

10. convolute

convolute Regular member

Jeramie is actually the shipping manager; there's more people who work there to run the store (they're in the city i live in)

I've never had trouble with them, but then I didn't have to deal with shipping/handling issues, nor email.

I do find their prices very reasonable and cheap in fact in comparison to many other places.

After reading some of the reseller reviews however, they have been rather unprofessional about the emails, but also, people need to be aware of the policies,etc that come with ordering online.

11. RyHanSoLo

RyHanSoLo Member

I bought a magic 3 from them and it arrived slightly late but everything else was fine. Too bad I couldn't install the damn thing... :(

12. rizzed

rizzed Member

I ordered a Fliptop combo (Flip and SM discs), DDR Pad, and Breaker Pro from them on 1/9/04 and have yet to recieve my stuff BUT it's because 2 of the items have been on backorder and currently one is now. I'll let you know if I get my stuff...

13. alpha_tot

alpha_tot Member

i bought an xbox chip for my firend from there and it came pretty quick. Im in Canada, and so are they, so thats prolly why it came faster than other pplz

14. dh1963

dh1963 Member

I've ordered from GoCyberShop. Their packaging is not great, but everything arrived just fine. I also like a web site that actually gives you a physical address, I'll order from them again.

15. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Thank you all for your posts! I feel, now, more insured of Go Cyber Shop!, because I had just bought the DMS3 from them yesterday. I got an email confirmation and ups number (found in your account on web page). I don't mind it coming a little late because I still have to do a lot more researching to find an installer in my area. Oh yeah, alpha_tot, I live in California in the U.S, I'll inform you guys in on how fast I get my package. Thanx again!

16. rizzed

rizzed Member

According to the site my stuff has been shipped.

17. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Yes, there site is a little slow. In my preferences, where the tracking is, all it says is:

1/24/2004 6:40:07 PM Order Received
    1/24/2004 6:38:47 PM Not Finalized
    1/19/2004 11:26:33 PM Not Finalized
    1/19/2004 11:25:41 PM Not Finalized

No tacking nuber yet. :( I'll keep you guys informed. Rizzed, how long did it take to get your stuff shipped?

18. rizzed

rizzed Member

I ordered my stuff on the 9th of January lol, but two items were on backorder and both came in on Friday (23rd) so they shipped it like a day after it came in stock.

19. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

You go yours pretty fast considering you had it shipped the next day it was off backorder. Mines ganna be late, but I don't mind as I said.

20. gsingh

gsingh Member

yeah they are preety slow. i ordered from them and they never update their status and they hardly ever reply to email. their support on the phone is also preety bad. but they did deliver my package eventually (over 20 day wait via canada xpress post)