1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Video BR2940 "copy right" is there any way to get around this!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by luv2tilt, Feb 8, 2005.

1. luv2tilt

luv2tilt Member

I am tring to back up my VHS and my DVD collection. This is the whole damn reason I bought this thing, Anyone know how to fix this..

2. duece2626

duece2626 Member

Go buy the Sima Go DVD CT-2. I have an Avion DVD Recorder and I purchased this Sima device and have had zero problems with any copyrights!

3. luv2tilt

luv2tilt Member

ARe you 100 % sure this will let me back up my copy writed dvds and VHS Tapes!

4. tann33

tann33 Member

I just bought the SIMA GODVD CT-2 and I cannot figure out how to connect it to my dvd player, dvd recorder then my tv. HELP!!!!!!!

5. carterfly

carterfly Member

I use a Sima [bold]betweeen[/bold] my ILO HD04 recorder and a jvc player. I have it hooked up using the SVIDEO. I did it this way, but you can subsitute the yellow rca in cable in place of the SVIDEO. SVIDEO is better video quality though if your recorder and player have these inputs.

1-svideo out on the player to the in on the sima.
    2-svideo in on the recorder to the out on the sima.
    3-audio cable (red/white)from the audio out of the player to the audio in of the recorder.
    4-Then my recorder is then hooked up to the tv via component cables.

Note: the input selector light needs to be red if using svideo, green if using rca yellow cable. Also if using svideo your recorder or player may require you to "enable" svideo through its setup program.

Mine works like a charm. I haven't had a trouble backing up copies of the kids movies. Also you may want to look into if a hack for your recorder is available to disable macrovision and just return your sima to the store. I bought my sima before a hack was available and it was too late to return it, so I still use it. Good luck. (hook up is the same whether the source is a dvd player or vcr)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  6. tann33

tann33 Member

I have tried that. I didn have the s-video but I was using the yellow cable.

1-yellow cable out of the dvd player to the in on sima.
    2.yellow cable on the recorder to the out on the sima
    3.audio red/white from audio out of the pkayer to the audio in of the recorder
    4.then recorder hooked to my tv using the red/white/yellow cable to the in on my tv.

It records sound but not video. I can't even watch the dvd on my player unless I have it hooked to the tv.

I am at my wits end. HELP!!!