1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GO4 or GO5

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Gringle, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi I'm going to ask what seems to be a stupid question, and might well be?

I'm going to visit this place next Monday. http://www.rambox.co.uk/index.php

Using the guides from here, & Petes guides, and on Scuba Pete's advice I'll purchase a ten pack of DVD-RW. Now for the silly question. In addition to the RWs I shall be buying 50 or a 100 DVD-R' Should I buy the well established and oft lauded GO4' or the GO5'?

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

You can answer your own question with the following question? What is the MAX
    speed your burner can write.

G04 = 1X-4X
    G05= 1X-8X

Remember you should not purchase media that is not supported with your burner. For example a 4X burner should not use the G05. However, a faster
    burner can use slower media

Hope this helps!.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Many thanks Gnomex, I've just used the Nero DVD speed tester average speed X4.01.

4. 2005

2005 Regular member

means nothing, that could be the speed of that media

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Personally if it's ritek media, I would purchase g04 rather than g05. It;s only my opinon after all. Sometimes burning slower has it's advantages.

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

2005, You're right I've since found the writer is capable of 12x.

brian 100, You're right as well, after a few weeks practising on those -RWs a 2x; 4x will seems like lightening. :)

regards all