1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GO4 or GO5

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rjr20001, Mar 12, 2005.

1. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

hi,i recently decided to upgrade my datawrite(princo)discs to some of riteks as the datawrite sometimes stuggle in my new standalone,my question is what dye do i go for riteks GO4 or GO5,and also does it matter which ritek subcompany i choose??

ta for any help.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Yes it does, bigtime. I hear that traxdata is the most reliable ritek brand.

But with all the problems people have been haveing with certain batches of G05's, I'm not so sure that they would necessarily be that huge of an upgrade from your princo's. If you're in the US, I'd suggest to go with premium Taiyo Yuden's.

3. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

no im in scotland,unfortunately tu discs are really pricey over hear,the old datawrites supposedly used to use go4 dye but the new ones apparently use CMC MAG. AE1,im not sure the difference but never had 1 prob with old discs but am getting a few now

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Backed up at least 10 disks with Go5"s had no problems yet got them from bigpocketts had no problems with the G04"s aswell........