1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 2 and Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kafluke, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Okay, I've seen the difference in the store between regular and progressive scan and its amazing. I have a sony wega hdtv and I'm using the component cable for my ps2. I don't know why but when I select progressive scan in the options menu, the screen goes all weird and times out. I know that my tv goes up to 1080i because thats what I run my xbox360 at with the same madcats universal hd component cable. I also know that resolution and progressive scan are two different things by my Wii asks me if I want to play Gamecube games in progressive scan and when I say yes, it works fine. Any ideas? My PS2 is a SCPH-39001

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

okay so I went into my dms3 and disabled the ps2 video fix and now it goes into progressive mode but doesn't look much better hmmmmm..

3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

well I verified. Without progressive enabled it is 480i and when its enabled its 480p. So its working but I have to bypass the chip. When I turn the chip off entirely it works fine. When the chip is on I have to have the ps2 fix disabled. (I don't know what that does anyway). By the way, has anybody figured out how to back this game up yet to HDLoader? I tried but it just goes to black screen after I launch

4. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

i havent tried but i heard it only works with hdadvance 3.0 cause its a dual layer(dvd-9). ive got it to work burning it on a dual layer though. this game is kicka$$!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  5. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

well I own the game (retail) so I'm not worried about burning it but I'd like to load it onto the HDLoader so I don't ruin the disc. I though that HDAdvance 3.0 is only for PAL? Is this correct?