1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

god of war 2 dvd9 and dvd dl dl will not load ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mcgirkz, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mcgirkz

mcgirkz Member

i have an older PS2 with a DMS4 lite modchip. i play all dvd5 and dvd-r backups fine. i am unable to load any dvd9 or dvd dl backups. i have diasbled the dms4 to try and load the original GOW2 and it will not load. is there something wrong with my laser? i have patched the dvd dl backup with the toxic patch as well as enabled and disabled dl support from the toxic bios. when either disc is trying to load the drive starts making strange noises and will not load. i do not receive any error messages of any kind. please help

2. steimy

steimy Active member

What program did you use to make the back up, and what brand of DVD did you use?
    My friend had a back up on Verbatim DVD+R DL (made with DVD Decrypter i think). he burned it at 2.4X and he has played it all the way through to the end. He is using a DMS4 Pro mod chip though which means no Toxic DL Patcher was needed as it is built in.

3. mcgirkz

mcgirkz Member

i pulled it apart and cleaned the laser. GOW2 booted and i'm gonna try playing.

i used imgburn and verbatin DL's @ 2.4

thanks for your reply

4. mavz44

mavz44 Member

How did he burn it with DVD Decrypter? I did ISO read but can do ISO write. It makes be open the MDS file.

5. mavz44

mavz44 Member

Good news...got it to work last night. Used DVD Decrypter to get the ISO then used Nero Express 3 to burn img (ISO) to DVD+R DL. Haven't played it much, but it did load up and then I played it for only about 5 minutes, worked fine. Used Memorex DVD+R DL cause they were on sale (25 for $20)