1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 2 ModChip Problem/Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Obi-Wan00, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

Hi there guys (sorry about my english ;) i have the dvd9 version of god of war 2, its a friends copy so i suppose its echelon version, but i dont know if its patched with toxic, how do i know this?? Because mine is not working after THE CHASM, it hangs in there just like it was a dvd5 rip!! In my friends PS2 SLIM works perfect, and then i past the animation and kill Icarus, then save, but in MY PS2 (a 39004 with an old chip i suppose) doesnt works!!! so, i want to know if it is my ps2 or it is the copy, i think its pretty clear,my ps2 chip is so old so it CAN´T read the 2nd layer change!

So, im screwed??or theres any way that i can finish the game? maybe the dvd5 "well ripped" with the downsampled fmv´s or maybe a new patched dvd9 version.

I hope you can understand my problem guys! and again, sorry about my english im from Argentina ;) greetings from the south!!! =D

2. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

No one knows or can have a clue??

thx in advance! :D

3. live2fast

live2fast Member

Obviously you are going to need a dvd5rip of the game.
    There is a downsample dvd5 method on this forum;
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/482502

and a dvd5 method from gnie (relinked files to eliminate widescreen movies)

I personally used gnie's method and it works 100%, the downsampling method is really not an acceptable method, imho.

One day i'll get around to uploading GoW2 iso using gnie's method on bit soup.

Hope this helps.

4. live2fast

live2fast Member

5. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

I got the downsampled version but is awfull!! im finding right now the dvd5 RIP (with only the gamevideos and without the extras)