1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God Of War 2 Problem plz help me

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LeOBoY916, Mar 19, 2007.

1. LeOBoY916

LeOBoY916 Member

ok i rented this game and i tryed to load this game but it does not want to be loaded.

Thhis is not a proplem with the "disc read error", this just says on my ps2 "unable to read disc". It seems that it doesnt want to load. I really really want to play this game. This is a brand new game recived by Gamefly. If there is any help with this that be be great.

I would like to know also if this has happend to anyone else.

and im not sure if this is the right thread. sorry if i posed in the wrong one.

2. bilg25

bilg25 Regular member

Ok I know this isn't the "disc read error" but I too am getting errors similar to yours and my copy of the game is new right out of the case. I did some research and found that depending on what version of the PS2 you have it might have problems reading DVD9 discs.

But then I hear that even if you have a newer model of a PS2, (the Slim versions) that many people are having loading problems with those as well. I just don't understand what options we could do. I mean God of War 1 and 2 are great games and for the PS2 not to play them it just sucks

3. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

Hello all!!
    I have a image in my PC MDF and MDS. I'm trying to pacth it with Toxic OS patch. But when i click in "Go" appears an error:
    "Failed to open file".
    Anyone can help me to sove it?

4. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

Morcegao, back up talk goes in another forum. To the other guys, I have trouble with my version also, I got a slimline that is a year and a half old. In more data intense areas I get all sorts of lines going through the screen. What I'm trying to say is that it is strange that a game made by Sony would be hard for the system to play.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

6. corn

corn Guest

Well allot of people who rent out games will deliberately scratch the disks, or it is by accident. When this happens to me, my mums takes me back to Movie Gallery, and we demand a refund : ).

7. caminito

caminito Member

well, i hope this helps cuz it did for me. i had a modchip called magic (very old), but it wouldn't boot up the original god 2 game. however, to load this game for my system, so i dont know if this will work for u or not, but try it. to load this game on my system, i put the orignal game in the system. then i turn it off. i then press and hold on the "on button" for 5-6 seconds, then it will go to the brower configuration and it will load automatically. try it and please let me know.

8. bomber63

bomber63 Member

Caminito, thanks for the advice. Have a PS2 about 5 years old, with magic mod. Would not boot up GOW, but your method works a treat. I have to keep the power button pressed until just before the browser appears and bingo, game boots.