1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War 2 - Problem with Toxic OS - Pls help me

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Morcegao, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

Hello all!
    I have an image on my PC (MDF and MDS) from GOW2. I tried to patch it with Toxic, but there is an error when i click on "Go" The error is:"Failed to open file".
    Anyone can help me to solve it?
    Tks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

are you patching the MDF file? and what type of modchip do you have?

3. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

I tried to patch the MDF file, but appear an error as well. My chip is Mars II. I bought a game pacthed and played with no problem. I made a copy with Alcohol, but the copy didin't work on ps2 and the files didn't appear on DVD9 as well. Pls try to help me. Tks

4. maly70

maly70 Member

HI;
    Are you trying to patch the dvd rom game?

you should patch the game as iso file or similar

Good luck!

5. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

No, i made an image with Alcohol. The image is in MDF and MDS. I tried to patch it, but didn't work. It's work on .iso only?

6. maly70

maly70 Member

If u r runing windows vista, right click on toxic.exe and take ownership and i think u'll be Ok.

Good luck

7. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

I found the problem. The Toxic works with iso file only. I burned and played very well. Tks

8. rundmc

rundmc Guest

Morcegao, did you download the 6.7g or the 3.97g I got the 3.97g and it only works after you reach the great chasm after that I got stuck on that level. I was wondering if you have the 3.97 or the 6.7g and what type of toxic patch did you used.?

9. Morcegao

Morcegao Guest

I have the 6.7GB. The problem was that i made the image in MDF/MDS and the toxic didin't work. So i did an image in ISO and work wery well.