1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War (AGAIN!)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Drekzz, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to back up my version of god of war. I found a lot of topics on that game, about things that would and wouldn't work. The latest i could find was about the Sonix tool. I've tried that, and allthough my data is a bit different (Running on PAL games) I came quite far. Untill I needed the Sonix tool tu unpack the .TOC file. I'm sure I could do this part, but i can't find the tool anywhere. All the sites seem to be down, or do not share the file anymore.

Does anyone know where to download this tool?

2. bugmenono

bugmenono Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  3. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

Now that is exactly the program i was looking for. There's only a couple of problems.

First of all, like i said, i am using a different version. I'm trying to back up a pal game, and i have different data readins (for example, when i extracted the TOC file i have 1406 files with a total size of 6.65 gb)

second, i can't find apache 2 anywhere. I have v3, but this seems to work differently. I can't create an ISO image out of my IML file. I already tried to burn the IML file directly, but this doesn''t work. My PS2 does see th DVD as a PS2 disk, but when i try to open it, it just returns to my browser.

now, does anyone know what i do worng, or where to download a working version of Apache 2?

Thanks again.

4. bugmenono

bugmenono Guest

I made a God of War PAL copy just today, actually.
    The IML file I was given (the same as in the archive I supplied above) was for the US version, so it was looking for a couple of files that weren't there. So I found out how to create an IML file from the PAL DVD9 and did so. I'm feeling suspiciously generous today, so I decided to upload it for you. You can grab the IML/IMS here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/14726020/GodofWar_IML_PAL.zip.html

Stick the two files in the same directory as the other files and do that voodoo that you do. I used Apache3 and it worked fine.

If you followed the Sonix God of War Backup Tutorial (the same one included in the archive above) then it should work peachy. With the PAL version, my extracted and modified files came to 3.33GB.

5. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

Oké, my files are 3.33 gb, and indeed, i can make an ISO with the pal version you gave me. The NTSC IML file gave me all kind of errors. I'm going to burn my new made ISO file now, and i'll let you know if it works or not.

Thanks a lot!!

6. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

It works like a charm!! Thanks a million! I now just need to start the game from the beginning again, since my PAL version can't read the NTSC savegames, but that's no big deal.

Thanks again!

7. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

Hi evry1

Im also working with the sonix tutorial and i have also the pal version...
    but after i used the GoW tool for the 1st time, i have to delete the *.psw files... and here is my problem... i dont have those .psw files.. is it normal(cause i have the pal version)??

plz help

8. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

Now, i thought i had the same, but if you are using your normal explorer, and you already select files by extention or type or whatever it is in english, you will see password files or something. (I'm not sure which it are, cause I'm not at home right now, so i can't look it up) These are the files you need. If you set your explorer to show the extentions of the files, you will see that these are the .psw files.

If not, you did something wrong.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  9. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

Great!!!
    Thanks man! Now i can continue with backing up
    thanks again

10. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

damn i dont understand that relink stuff can some1 explain it to me???
    dont know what i have to do (i am a n00b) and there are moooooooooooooore missing files than files which are availible for relink?
    plz help

11. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

All files that are on the left side of the screen must be linked to the same files on the right side of the screen. The bonus files can be linked to a random file. Once all the files on the left are linked and gone, you are done.

12. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

ok
    but for example:
    the "missing file" file on the left side, A01MP01.PSS does NOT exist on the right side (files availible for relinking)
    and on the left are also files with the ending .VA* or .VP* and so on is that normal or should there be only files with .PSS endings!?
    thanks for your patience

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  13. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

could it be that after extracting(or what the hell it is in english called) i deleted too much??? i deleted ALL files (using the explorer view) with the ending .psw and ALL files with the Bonus*.pss ending... that is all... is there something wrong? i dont know what i have to do... its weird that i cant find the same files on the right side :,( .... or didnt i get it ???
    just a notice: before i do a click on that aut relink button, the only file that is on the left side and also on the right is "P02MP02.PSW" and "P02MP02.PSS" Whats going on? what is wrong?
    EVERYONE IN EARTH PLZ HELP... want to have that backup

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  14. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

Are you using windows XP? And what version of Apache did you use? I used 3, and that works a little bit different than Apache 2. I'm starting to think that you didn't extract the second layer or something.

P.S. My English also isn't everything. I'm Dutch.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  15. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

well i describe what i did...
    first of all i used the decrypter and then i saw a .ISO with 7.97 GB or something like that on my hdd. then i used apache 2 and chose the .iso file which the decrypter did and extracted all files into a folder i created...
    and then i chose the button switch layer, picked the one file and put it also in the folder...
    then i used the tool (from this thread) and extracted the .TOC file which was created by apache. then i did a right click on the folder and used "explorer" (have XP) and deleted all files with .PSS and Bonus*.psw well... then just chose with the tool again the .toc file and rebuild it... and here we are !!???
    please help

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  16. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

If you did what you just said, then there must be all the files to relink. Maybe you did one step wrong. Remember that you only need to remove files out of the EXTRACTED folder. When i did it, i had all the files from the left side of the screen that could be relinked to those on the right side of the screen except for the bonus files.

I think you have forgotten to auto relink the files first!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  17. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

well...
    out of the extracted folder check
    auto relink check...
    ok... maybe i did something wrong but the files i deleted were ok or not??? and the explorer view is the way for deleting it or not???
    want to try it with apache 3... do u have a link???
    please not the link backuptools.co.uk or smth. like that
    --- thanks ---

before i forget that... did you pass that famous "freeze point" that is the point where the layers change...

and before i forget ;)
    there is a second way for burning it do you think it could work.. have some fear of that "freeze point" but first send me please the link for apache 3;) 2nd way written by:
    mikernite

27. January 2006 @ 09:04

Hey guys, if anyone is having trouble ripping God of War to DVD 5 and getting it to play, here is what I did. I booted it up with Swap Magic 3.6 (might have to use special boot if normal boot doesn't work) and played it for 45 minutes last night. Not once did I get a sound or voice hiccup or any delay in load times or cut scenes. So I thought I would let you all know how I accomplished it ( it was very easy).
    1. Use DVD Decryptor to burn an image to your hard drive
    2. Download the following software and follow instructions:
    Expert (Gnie's new rebuilding tool):
    Gnie's PS2 Auto Rebuilder Tool Download (Thanks to 3DLuis):
    http://www.alucard.cc/ps2/ExPERT_v1.03.rar
    Instructions to Gnie's Tool ExPERT:
    From Anthony 05:
    Download it and then follow these instrcutions and it will work.

1. select Shrinker_ps2_psp_CdDvd5_iso.epi on the plugins list.
    2. Select the iso.
    3. Click extract LBA
    4. Click extract file
    5. Click rebuild file
    6. Click rebuild lba.

Make sure you do it in that order.

3. Burn the new iso image with DVD Decryptor at 4X on good media
    4. Put you game in after booting up with Swap Magic and have fun.

This worked for me, as I said above I have only played the game for about 45 minutes so I might encounter promblems later in the game but I thought if this method works it would help some people with making a DVD 9 game fit onto a DVD 5.

18. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

ok
    that second way works but it freezes in that famous point...
    (have read it)
    which tool have you used?
    Munge-o-matic or the tool in this thread???

19. Drekzz

Drekzz Member

I used the tools that are in this thread. I found apache on this forum, it was in a GT4 kit. It was a freeware version, but it woked fine for me, i just had to cancel the download of a newer version, or else it stopped working. Apache 3 can extract both layers in the same time.

For the rest, i just followed the GOW guide that is in this thread, i just get slight different readings on the size of the data.

I do not know the exact freeze point. I once downed the NTSC version, but it freezed on the titan's back. This was before i could get both necklaces on the bridge of hera or whatever. The PAL backup that i made did stutter in the music, and sometimes took a little longer to load, but i am past this point. I already saw the movir of Kratos and the small woman, who warns him of something that is inside a house in the village that he and his army are burning.

20. Seba15

Seba15 Guest

ok thanks again drekzz

i will try out and tell you later more