1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War DVD9 to DVD9

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bigsteve1, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bigsteve1

bigsteve1 Member

Sorry if this is already in the forum somewhere, but I have searched for 15 minutes and haven't found an answer.

I have a dual layer burner. I have tried to backup GOW and it works fine with all the movies except for the part where you go to save at Pandoras temple and it never stops loading. I notice numerous other people's copies freeze here too.

My question is, does anybody know how to burn the entire game INCLUDING all cut scenes onto a DVD9, i.e. a 1:1 copy of the original disc?

If this has been answered elsewhere I would greatly appreciate any help to direct me to that thread or page. If not, does anyone know how this can be done.

I'll be eternally grateful for any help you can provide.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

the game will freeze at that point because thats where its looking for the 2nd layer of the dual layer disk
    only certain modded ps2's can read dvd-9 back-ups,and unless you have one of those,you are wasting your time.
    old modchips and swapmagic cannot read dual layer backups.
    In which case you need to rebuild it,so it fits onto dvd-5,like everyone else
    search the forums,there is a in depth guide showing you how to do it.

3. bigsteve1

bigsteve1 Member

Thanks very much for your reply. I have a Matrix Infinity Green Dot. As far as I am aware this can play dual layer discs.

The way I did the burn was MODE ISO READ, MODE ISO WRITE with DVD Decryptor, could it be that DVD Decryptor has not correctly placed the link between the 2 layers?

4. hursty

hursty Active member

you got the latest firmware for the chip?
    if not,did you patch the image first with Toxic Dual Layer Image Patcher first?
    dvd decrypter should also be booktyped to dvd-rom

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  5. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

6. hursty

hursty Active member

@orthogonl
    bit behind on me chip info,hehe,is it just the latest matrix,with the latest firmware that allows dvd-9 booting?,...trying to figure when you need to patch the image or not
    no need for any patching then?

7. bigsteve1

bigsteve1 Member

Ah, I had no idea you had to turn on DL support from Triangle Circle menu. Didn't even know there was a menu when pressing that combination. Will try my existing copy now to see if I can get past that point, if not will try to reburn using the toxic patch.

Apart from pressing select to skip PS2 logos and now the triangle circle thing you just told me about I have no idea of any of these other button presses you can do. Is there a list of all the button combos you can press and their results on that chip?

Thank you both for your help

8. bigsteve1

bigsteve1 Member

Just to let you know, my existing copy worked fine after enabling dvd9 support on the mod chip's menu. I had no idea you had to manually turn this on. It begs the question, is there any reason why you might want to not have dvd9 support on?

9. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Glad to know everything is working for you now. Check http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=infinity_instruction

AFAIK, I haven't heard about anything going wrong with leaving DVD9 support enabled, but obviously if you encounter problems (ie. some backups not working) mess around with the settings.

10. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

i'm stuck at the same point at Pandora's temple, it just freezes with the "loading" at the bottom right hand corner, same modchip matrix infinity, i have latest firmware, i patched the ISO with toxic and i have DVD9 support enabled in the menu config, is there something else i missed?

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

bump,someone help please i don't want to have to use my crappy pal DVD5 the fmv's look horrible on it.:(