1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God Of War II - DVD 9 - Please help !!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by israelon1, Mar 22, 2007.

1. israelon1

israelon1 Member

Hi all,

I have download gow2 dvd 9 version.
    I already have a copy of the dvd 5 version, but still, I wanna burn the dvd 9 version as well.
    I'm afraid to do so, since the I've only tried to burn a dvd 9 once, and it didn't work on my ps2 (dvd 9 cost a lot around here :) )...
    Anyways, please tell what needs to be done, and which burning program to use in order to make it work on my ps2.

Thanks!!!
    Idan.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

go buy the game, it will work for sure and no wasted money!

3. rico134

rico134 Regular member

well your modchip will have to be able to play dual layered games. if you have the matrix infinity, i know that does. you will also need a dual-layer burner. if your using swap magic, dual layer backed-up games won't work i don't think or at least they didn't when i had swap magic 2.0 which is why games for swap magic require rebuilding. so are you using a modchip-if yes which one and is your dvd writer a dual layer one?

4. israelon1

israelon1 Member

Hi,

Well, I have a modchip, it's just that I don't know which one - I bought my console 8 months ago in Thailand (and it was all packed up...).
    I have a dual layer dvd burner...is there a special program I should use in order to burn it? I've heard that dvd decrypter is a good one for burning games and stuff, but is it any different from nero/alcohol 120%?

5. rico134

rico134 Regular member

get the toxic dual layer patch, you should have a .mds file if you've ripped or downloaded the game? locate that file and patch it. you can use either nero or dvd decrypter to burn, imgburn might be better-just an updated version dvd decrypter without the ability to read games.
    open the mds file with whichever program you decide to use-the booktype should be set to dvd-rom and burn at half the disc speed.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  6. israelon1

israelon1 Member

Ok,
    I'll give it a shot...
    Thanks !!!!