1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God of War II help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by g0th1k4, Mar 15, 2007.

1. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

i seem to have problems burning God of War II...i dled the ISO from torrentspy ECHELON torrent and got the ISO...and also patched it

i have dual layer dvd + R and i have a dual layer dvd burner but nero or dvd decrypter dont seem to be working

anyone know how to burn God of War II properly on a dual layered dvd?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if your chip supports OPT burnt games you DO NOT need to patch it, the Matrix Infinity supports it and all DMS chips have auto patching as well (who do you think made the Toxic patch??) i can't attest to the CC but they should support OTP as well.

the Echelon version does not need any modification, simply extract it and burn it to a DL disc. i have burnt several copies and all worked perfectly for the people playing, I've played mine through in it's entirety both off DL disc and off the harddrive (with Toxic OS 0.41)

kc

[​IMG]

3. rod905

rod905 Member

it seems we are having the same problem-mine stops at lead in its the e-godwr2 iso and if you see properties its 7.9 gig-I havent patched it yet but from our friend here is saying the patch is for the ps2 to be able to read not for the burning process to be successful.

If anyone can help please 8gig for nothing......

4. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

i have no clue how to check wut my mod chip has lol..and i onli have 2 8.5gb dvds so i dont wanna waste em... and i can really play the echelon version without patching it? everyones been saying u gotta patch it but it doesnt seem to burn...i never tried it without patching cuz i thought it wouldnt play but ur saying it may play?

5. rod905

rod905 Member

but are you able to complete the burning process successfully?

I cant even do that

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

using the dual layer patcher isn't going to hurt it for anyone, all it does it tell the console the disc is burnt in OTP, rather the PTP like the original stamped dual layer discs. if your chip knows already to do OTP then patching does nothing (good or bad)

to burn the image all you need to do is install ImgBurn (the updated DVD Decrypter) if you haven't got it already, then right click on the .img file and select 'burn with ImgBurn' and it'll do the rest. I've also burnt it with Nero 7.xx just to check and it works too.

if you're having problems it's on your end of the setup, the .img is perfect and works great.

kc

7. rod905

rod905 Member

hi-thanks for your feedback
    can you please tell me what kind of setup
    I tried bot imgbrn and nero 7 but they both fail at lead in.

My iso when you right click it and go to properties is 7.9gb

could my iso be corrupted or something-I downloaded ready not compressed or anything just the plain e-godwr2.iso from megashare

8. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

right clicking doesn't take you to properties, it shold open menu with properties being in that menu, just don't click properties, select 'Burn With ImgBurn'

kc

9. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

well i have tried burning it with the patch using many programs such as nero 6 and dvd decrypter (i think the old one) and didnt even start...so KC really appreciate ur advice and ill do my best and let u noe wut happens later on

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, i can tell you that my friend got the same release. He burned it on Sony DVD+R DL at 2.4X using DVD DEcrypter and it playes fine with his DMS4 Pro chip.

11. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

hmm well a friend of mine tried burning with no patch and seems to have gotten an error burning...but he was able to burn have the game using the dvd5 torrent

any other suggestions on how to fix? could it possibly be the dvd burner or disc? im using a ridata dvd+R dual layer 8.5gb

and could it be the ps2? how could we tell wut mod chip our ps2's got?

12. buddha2k2

buddha2k2 Member

Quick question for you, you say you have gotten throught the entire game, which i am very envious about..heh. I have the matrix infinity chip, I have DL burner and have burned a copy using both cloneCD and Nero, both copies seem to stop halfway through the game at that large bridge after the little "grappling through the falling pillars thing". I have upgraded to the latest firmware for the matrix chip too.

any thoughts as to why this it is not loading the second layer?

thanks

13. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i can't tell ya, i've played it through three times now (still hunting a few of the urns) and it's worked flawlessly, i used the disc only once, the other two are from harddrive.

kc

14. buddha2k2

buddha2k2 Member

Is there anything interms of the settings of the matrix infinity chip i need to check or anything? I am burning a copy using imgburn right now. Do i need to upgrade the firmware on the drive? is there a specific layer break i need to set? Only being able to play the first part of the game is such a tease..its killing me..lol

15. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

for firmware make sure it's up to date on both your burner and your MI chip (if it's a clone MI don't flash it). as far as burning there are no special settings, just burn the image as usual.

FYI found the Urn Of Olympus (infinite magic) it's in the 'crossing of the lowlands' just before you have to do the swinging between all the falling columns.

kc

EDIT: I've also noticed there are things that change after you play through the first go around so playing a second and third time are well worth it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  16. buddha2k2

buddha2k2 Member

Ill have to keep that in mind once i can get this going..haha.. Can you point me to a tutorial on updating my dvd drive firmware? :)

thanks

17. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

hmm kc u mind telling me like wut program u used to burn..type of cd..etc..? im still trying to get it to work lol...like do i have to update my Dvd Decrypter n such to burn? and im not sure how to check or update the mod chip..i just got a regular one that was instaleld on my ps2 and its been working fine but im not sure bout DL discs lol...

18. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

ImgBurn has a firmware checker built in and will direct you to the correct files if you need to update, they should include instructions there for YOUR burner. one thing i always recommend is you disconnect any other CD or DVD drive from all IDE/SATA cables before you update a firmware, and make sure you completely understand what you're doing before you try it, you can f' it up and it will never work again

Don't use DVD Decrypter for any burning, it's drastically out of date on the burn engine portions, get the latest version of ImgBurn (it's the same program just doesn't decrypt and is up to date). as far as disc i used a Ritek DL burnt at 4x with ImgBurn and i also burnt a copy for a friend with Nero and both worked perfectly.

allot of problems I've worked with people on turned out to be a laser having difficulty reading the disc not the burn its self.

kc

19. g0th1k4

g0th1k4 Member

yea its weird how like the burning process is the problem where the problem usually lies in the game after its been burnt...would it affect anything if the dvd burner itself was old? like its up to date with firmware but the part itself is old..would that matter? we've tried almost everything and were still gettin a write error from nero...and at one point this happened

we did the usual and got a write error..nero froze on us..we restarted the computer and when we pulled the dvd out it was actually half used..like nero froze but it seemed to have burnt something on the disc before we restarted the computer...of course a half burnt game wont work but u think if we left it it would have worked?

20. buddha2k2

buddha2k2 Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. However I was asking about the DVD drive on the PS2..hehhe. I figured the laser was having problems reading the disc. Funny thing is, before I upgraded my MI firmware, the DVD would boot up without any problems, but would freeze at the halfway point. With the 1.93 upgrade, it doesnt boot up normaly, I have to use a codebreakers CD then load through that..lol..deep sigh...