1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOING CRAZY - trying to splint avi file....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bagera, Sep 26, 2004.

1. bagera

bagera Member

story is i have borrowed a digital video camcorder to record my wedding and now have a pile of tapes and need to get the images to external DVD burner (also borrowed) problem is that images are too big (7gb) for dvd (4.7gb)have tried many softwares but nothing wil let me run onto 2 disks - or should i compress - at the moment images are AVI format - getting desperate along with owners of equipment... any help much appreciated, Thanks

2. bagera

bagera Member

Sorry - i meant trying to fit a 7GB file downloaded from a digital video camera onto a 4.7GB DVD - any help much appreciated

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hi Bagera,
    I have three options for you...

1) What software did you use to grab the video off the camera? Do you have time to do it again? If so, just grab the first half and then grab the second half in another file.

2) Use authoring software to author the video and then convert into a DVD.

3) Go to Google and search for "split avi file". I did and got several ideas....including this one... http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/cut_avi_with_virtualdub.cfm

Adder.