1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going nuts!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by papech, Feb 4, 2005.

1. papech

papech Guest

I'm relatively new to this DVD burning thing, so bear with me. I copied some of my old VHS tapes to my hard drive. They are saved on my hard drive as as Nero Media Player files. I'm trying to shrink them to fit on one DVD but DVD shrink does not recognize the format. How do I take old VHS tapes and burn them to a DVD using DVD shrink?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

what Nero do you have? If you have the newer 1 that comes with Nero recode2 you can compress the nero files in that to fit on a DVD.

3. papech

papech Guest

Okay this is my problem with Nero. I'm using Nero Startsmart vers. 1. It came with my DVD writer. I also have Nero Express 6.1 that came with my CD burner. Neither of these have recode on it. I tried to download the trial version of Nero that includes recode but when I install the trial version it updates my Nero Express. I searched for recode and it's on my hard drive but when I open it it says I'm not licensed to use it...............Any suggestions?

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If you used a capture program, then chances are they are either saved as avi's, or mpegs. If this is case, nero recode wont do the job,nero recode is for dvd vob files.
    Nerovision express will do what you want.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  5. papech

papech Guest

Ok, I must be really dense :) 'cause I can't figure out how to do it using Neroexpress..Everytime I try it (hoping somehow, I'll figure it out) it tells me the file exceeds the disc space. I might just have to bite the bullet and use 2 discs instead of 1. Problem is I have to make 9 copies of this for some people. If you can offer any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.