1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to get the Epson r300 Printer and need help with Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sjg1999xp, Oct 30, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I am going to purchase this printer to print the movie on my dvd's. My question is is this worth buying and I know that was off the topic, sorry. I usually get the branded ritek ridata -r dvd media but I am unable to print on them. Does Ritek make any branded media that I can print on and if not what is a quality -r media that I can print on. Thanks Steve

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Yes, Ritek makes media that can print, you have to look for: injet printable, NOT themal printable.
    The "big four" has plenty of Ritek injet printable, just post where you use to shop for Ritek media Dawnner will help you what printable media to buy.

3. forkndave

forkndave Member

Ritek and Prodisc both make some pretty good printable discs. Prodiscs are hub printable. Ritek hasn't been until recently. I have some Ritek G05 hub printables on order, but I haven't got them yet so I can't comment on their print quality. I know that the older non hub printable Riteks had about the best color saturationI've seen on an inkjet printable. Do you need the R300 in particular? I have one, but if the R200 had been available when I bought it I would have bought one of them. They are the same printer except for the card reader. The R300 has a little LCD display on it, but this is mainly for printing pictures straight from your camera memory card. Occaisionally I'll use the card reader to unload my camera memory, but I sure don't think it's worth $80.00 more. Good luck with whatever you buy.

4. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

If you do not need the LCD and card reader, go with the R200. I have one and no prob so far.

5. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Do I really need the LCD and what is the card reader, my main concern is gettign quality -r media that I can print on with my new printer when I purchase it. Thanks again, I am going to go search for some branded ritek printable media in the meantime. Steve

6. pieman

pieman Regular member

dont bother with ritek, too many 'brands' using 'ritek' dye that are far too inconsistant.Taiyo yudens are the only way to go.Not cheap, but you get what u pay for.SVP in the uk )www.blankdiscshop.co.uk( will sort you out.If you are not in the uk, im sorry i dont know of any suppliers.

7. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

pieman I think you are misleading this indivual here, what you should have said is to ensure to get Ritek Ridata "Branded" discs to ensure the true quality.

I personally only use the Ritek Ridata G04 inkjet printable media and can't say anything but excellent things after hundreds of burns.

8. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hi autopsy, i take your point,but only go by personal experiance....one mans meat is another mans poison!When i first started burning some 18 months ago I made the fatal mistake of buying the cheap crap (princo) and after many tantrums stumbled across this site which recommended the use of discs with a ritek dye.At the beginning everything went fine until dvd burning spread to the masses(ie much cheaper burners)and the demand for blanks rocketed.It was then i started to find that my fave brand at that time became inconsistant...ie rough edges,seperation around the spindle,uneven dye spread causing coasters.So I tried a variety of blanks,from differant suppliers etc and found that this was becoming a common problem in that one batch would be fine the next dodgy.I must have tried at least a dozen 'ritek'based discs including traxdata,ANV,Arita,clonedisc,ridata,ridisc,ritek purple,Piodata unbranded etc all at diff speed ratings and burned at slow/max.The results were the same bar the ANV....inconsistant.So after reformatting,changing burners dvd drives etc just to remove hardware faults from the equasion,(including a duff mobo) i tried diff ways of ripping/compressing /burning.Same results.So I tried the mcc coded variants ie verbatim..ok but not brilliant.So after over 1200 burns i finally found a supplier of taiyo yudens.which i tried...hurts the wallet but hey what the hell.Havent looked back.I can trust them completely....gets real tedious having to run each burn through dvdinfopro!!.I supoose its the old manufacturing practice of'got a market taking off here, lets chuck any old shit at it'hence all the differant 'ritek'discs.Same principle as buying fuel for your car...its all gasoline but your premium brands will be a hell of differance to your supermarket brands.Yes, the car will run, but not as well.I only wish i had your luck in burning!Its just that cos it says ritek,doesnt mean its any good.hey ho.

9. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Pieman

I understand but by the sounds of it you were buying the Ritek unbranded as opposed to Ridata branded, correct?

I agree though, whatever works for you, go with the flow! :)