1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold vs. Platinum for a newbie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mojo_Pin, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Mojo_Pin

Mojo_Pin Member

I admit I’m a newbie, but I’m doing a ton of research…and this forum seems to be the best in regard to answering the ??? I have. I’m waiting for my new hp Media Center PC (Model: pc 864) to arrive and looking forward to breaking it in with a vengeance.

What it has: Intel P4, 2.6 GHz with HT —512 MB DDR SDRAM—160 GB 5400 rpm—4x DVD+RW/CD-RW combo drive.

What I need to know re:dvd x copy:
    1) Best media to buy…dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd-r or dvd-rw? And what speed is best—2X vs. 4x for what I’ll be doing?
    2) Do I buy DVD X Gold or hold out for the Platinum edition? Will Platinum indeed combine the best of DVC and Express? (That may be the question on everyone’s mind I know…). Of course we’d all like the ease of Express as well as the 1 disc result, but want the quality and inclusion of all menus/languages that DVC gives—should we think Platinum will make that dream come true?. BTW, whatever product I buy from 321 Studios will be my first from them…

Looking forward to all of your expert advice (just don’t tell me that the HP system is a piece of shit)…Thanks!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Neither In my honest opinion. Justuse DVD Shrink or DVD Decypter/DVD2One