1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

golden eye rouge sqaudron help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gillies, Dec 5, 2004.

1. gillies

gillies Regular member

has anyone managed to boot backup of this game all i get is a blank screen ive been to swapmagicfix.com and they dont have a fix for it, i burn all other games 100% no probs. can i just use any cdloader. help please!!
    media no probs
    software no probs
    ps2 no probs

2. knapptown

knapptown Member

I've tried backing up this game but after the (long) loading screen the audio and video continuously skips so bad you can't even get the the intro screen. I use decrypter and TDK 4X DVD +r disks which has worked for nearly every other backup made so far...except this one.

3. gillies

gillies Regular member

i cant even get to the intro all i get is a blackscreen still want to know if cd loader will boot it any help

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Right I got it today, I am using dvd decrypter at 2x(my media won't let me use 1x. That is both OPTODISCR04 & TDK TTG02) I am using TDK TTGO2 DVD-R. My PS2 is a v5/6 with swap magic & slide card combo.

I have both FIFA 05 and LOTR:TTA, they didn't need patched or need a fix. So i'll get back to you.

5. gillies

gillies Regular member

any luck teggy?

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Sorry, I will try it later tonight(online to), I went out to watch the football last night. When I got in it was after 10pm, I ripped the image though.
    But I didn't burn it yet, I went straight onto Ghost Recon 2 online till bt midnight. Now i'm knackered in work here, i'll burn it later and get right back as soon as I try it out.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ok I'm burning it now.

I assumed teh game had netplay, as it says on the GAME stores website, but it doesnt say on the box or in the book. It has no DNASxxx.img files but one IOPRO.img file, they never have DNAS ID's. So I put it thru image patcher and the game doesn't have netplay apparantly, which kinda sucks.

8. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ok first attempt got blue border then black screen. 2nd attempt I used DVD Loader with 5v3 no pn and then put swap magic 2.0 and then swapped by slide for backup.

Got to loading screen took a few minutes and once it went black and then the loading started from where it left off.

Got past language select and the audio is skippy, it plays for like a few seconds then stops on the main menu it isnt as bad.

Speech in game is perfectly fine, audio in game isnt to bad but this is in cutscenes I am talking about here. Gameplay is absolutely perfect.

Summary, audio is skippy in cutscenes only and on menus and pre menus. In game is absolutely perfect. Loading takes a bit but it aint to bad. Use DVD Loader with 5v3 no pn. And if audio is bad try another boot using swap magic and dvd loader, in cases where audio has skipped for me I have simply rebooted using the same method I used to boot it the first time and it worked.

In general, it works no patching needed all that is needed is DVD loader on 5v3 no pn.

9. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

srry could you breifly elaborate on what "DVD loader on 5v3 no pn." means? thanks

10. gillies

gillies Regular member

teggy youre a legend have followed your instructions and works great i think my smd disk is getting old and scratched so it takes a couple of trys thanks dude much appreciated!

11. teggy

teggy Regular member

DVD loader is a program that is used to boot games that swap magic cannot boot alone. There are a number of options inside DVD loader and 5v3 no pn is one of them. I was just testing and that worked.

You can get dvd loader from www.ps2ownz.com

Gillies, glad I could help. My game froze at one stage. When I got to the nuclear reactor, it won't happen again I think it just glicthed or sumit cuz it froze when teh dual shock went off and my pad was left rumbling.

The game though, I am dissapointed with. I was expecting netplay... but no. I am a big bond fan and haven't really been pleased by EA's work, Nightfire was Ok, and everything or nothing is very good. But this game is pure and utter tripe from what I seen, visuals are ok but it just seems rushed but I will play on and prolly be swayed. As i'm bombarded with help things in the first mission. Prolly just an easy mission to get it going.

12. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i tried using dvd loader in conjunction with gameshark 2, no luck. i didn't see how to set the 5v3 no pn setting anywhere in dvd loader??

thanks i appreciate your help.

-Luke

13. teggy

teggy Regular member

oh rite, in dvd loader just hit x whilst dvd loader is still in the ps2 and u will see the options.

14. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

ah ok there it is. i selected the 5v3 no pn setting.

is there a tutorial on how to use dvd loader?

i still can't get it to work

15. teggy

teggy Regular member

Not taht I know of,I can only tell you off my exp with it, and that is using it when it is needed. This is the only game I have had to figure it out myself, usually it's just straightforward.

if u are ARV2, I cannot really help as i'm swap magic. Search the forums and maybe you will find an answer.

Sorry about that.

16. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

so with swap magic you do:
    swap magic, then dvd loader, then swap magic, then backup?

i'll try to follow what you did with swap magic with my gameshark 2 and it that doesn't work i'll head off to the land of searching lol

thanks man!

-Luke

17. teggy

teggy Regular member

yeah. but with 5v3 no pn.

Hope u get it sorted.

18. humzaSM

humzaSM Regular member

teggy were do u go on the website www.ps2ownz.com 2 get dvdloader

19. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

i just backed it up, it skips like crazy and i just simply cann't play like this. Has any1 found a way to back it up yet?