1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Try!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by OBJ, Jan 26, 2005.

1. OBJ

OBJ Member

Hi All,
    Im new to the forum. Been recently burning backup DVD's with great success using DVD Shrink. Wanna give PS2 games a try. After reading a few threads, the back up process is pretty straight forward using DVD encrypter. (ISO Read/Write, burn x1...etc.)
    Now after a sucessful burn with DVD encrypter, will the new back up play on the ps2? or is there another mod for the ps2 to play back up dvd made with DVD encryter? I've been burning movies with FUJI FILM DVD-R up 8X speed with good quality. Can I use this same media for PS2 at a slower 1x burn speed?
    Thanks for the help and great forum.
    OBJ

2. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

yes, youll need some type of mod to play back ups games. either swap magic with a fliptop, or slide card/trick or a modchip chip. might wanna look into the new dms4 e.z.i. if you wanna get a good solderless modchip. but i hear slide crd/trick burns out your ps2 motor faster.

and fliptop is easy to install, but require you to swap disks each time you wanna boot a back up. might, might not be a hassle to you, up to you.

but if you want auto boot, and more features than youll want a modchip. try to stay away from the solderless ones, except the dms4 e.z.i. solderless. but a solder modchip is good too, some of the best is dms (3 or 4) matrix infinity, and i believe crystal. but theres others that are cheaper, but less features, like magic 5v? as well as others.