1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goob Media or Not?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Daemon404, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I've been using Maxell DVD-R's (4x - 8x) and also Maxell DVD-RW's (1x - 4x).

Here is my info for my DVD-RW's from DVD Identifier

and here is teh info for my DVD-R's

I'm using a LG Super Multi DVD Burner Drive (Can burn DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-ROM, and DVD-RAM)

Is this good media or am i gettign ripped?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Does it work for you? If you get successful burns then you're not getting ripped. Looks like good media to me.

3. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Only one of my burns has ever screwed up, and that was Nero's fault. It just froze up at like 75% and kept writing tons of FF's (Hex Codes) to the disc. That is why I no longer use Nero, I have switched to Alcohol 120% for burining.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Looks like you're go to go. Good luck with your burns.

5. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Okay, then.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Maxell: mxl-rg02,mxlrg03,ritek-g04,ty-g01. In the dash formats.

Plus formats, ricohjpn-01 and maxell-002-00

I'll take any of those codes-any day,and all those codes are from those mfgs that just named whether it is 10/15/25/and 50 packs. That's why I like to recommend them to newbs,until you try out the ty's.

But,once in a while,you'll run into a burner that doesn't like one of those certain mfg codes of maxell media. Just like most media brand names.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  7. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Okay, I would try out the TY's, but alas, I live in a city of about 120,000 in Canada. We have Future Shopand Staples here, but no Ty's obviously, and I'm under the age of 18 (nto by much) so i cannot own a credit card, and therefore cannot order Ty's from supermediastore.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Daemon404, staples down here in the usa carry sony.The + format sony 1x-8x (made in japan) have been showing the taiyo yuden code: Yuden000-t02.

The sony dash 1x-8x,also made in taiwan are showing the mfg code: sony08D1. The (made in taiwan) sony -1x-8x are also checking out as this code,so look at the labels.

For my benq's, the sony 1x-8x media has produced better results than their regular 4x and 1x-4x

If you can locate any fuji, Their +8x (made in japan) are also checking out as yuden000-T02.

Being limited to local media,just look for made in japan on those labels. Those maxell -8x "gold tops" are working very good:mxl-rg03-also made in japan,but I still burn them at 4x. I haven't tried maxell rw media,but that code should a very good mfg: Mitsubishi chemical corp.

What model of burner do you have?