1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good authoring prog. NOT TMPG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kubota1, Mar 20, 2007.

1. kubota1

kubota1 Member

regarding http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/483716 noone seems to be able to help me.

So I have a question. I need an authoring program that isn't fussy like tmpg authoring pro. So after I make an mpeg2 with my Winavi I can author it regardless of aspect ratio etc.
    And I'm looking for a program that allows you to custom build a menu, and chapters.
    The reason I want to use winavi, is that it only takes between 20-45 minutes to do as opposed to tmpg which takes about 6-7 hours.
    Pleeease help?!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

looking at the link that you posted, have you tryed convertxtodvd? you can add menus and the program works great

3. kubota1

kubota1 Member

I have but the menus aren't that good.

4. attar

attar Senior member

It's not really fussy inasmuch as it needs files which conform to the standard.
    After you have used Convertx (or the free version)so create your NTSC or PAL video files, import them into DVD Author Pro and create your menus.

5. kubota1

kubota1 Member

But how do I open the video files in author pro?
    They will be vob etc?

6. attar

attar Senior member

When it asks 'Files of Type', use the little down arrow that shows 'All Files' and select the VOBS that you want..and after it gives you a warning, tell it you wish to import it anyway.
    If the folder has more than one 'VOB', bring them all into the 'Track',.
    Just make sure that they are in the correct order after you bring them in to the source page.You can move them up and down as required.