1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good DVD Media (Where?)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by SSam, Feb 5, 2003.

1. SSam

SSam Member

the only media that i've had good luck with has been EXPENSIVE Branded TDKs!

i have tried generic 2x media and i ALWAYS burn at 1x but the outer track poses problem for my standalone (panasonic and apex) dvd player.

any suggestions on a good decent media that doesn't cost a bundle? hyperlinks would be greatly appreciate as well. thanks guys. this board has always been informative

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Checkout this site :

www.cdr-by-mail.co.uk

checkout the DVD-r section.

HomerJ

3. SSam

SSam Member

don't mean to be rude, but which dvd-r's are you refering to on that site? i asked for a specific kind of media that will be able to meet the requirements for most standalones dvd player (w/o skipping) and you give me a general dvd-r media section. (quite upsetting)

btw, i hope you have no affiliation to cdr-by-mail b/c i have seen better prices elsewhere. i'm in the US btw so british site will do me no good (i should have mentioned that fact in my original post)

4. HomerJ

SSam,

Sorry, didn't intend to upset. Personally, I use "Datawrite Classic".

And I burn them at X2 using Pioneer A104 (Ver1.4)

I believe these are available in the USA, do a search on Google. They are highly rated.

As for outer tracks posing problems, I'm assuming you are experiencing playback probelms (freezing / pixelation).

This does seem to indicate poor media.

By the way, what do consider to be "EXPENSIVE".

I pay about $1-70 per disc. I reckon this is good value.

If you want first rate media checkout this site www.lynxdv.com (yet another UK site) Some very infomative information on media.

HomerJ

5. SSam

SSam Member

the outer track problem is definitely the media. burning on quality $2.5 TDK's makes for perfect playback on almost any standalone but even at my discounted rate of $2.5/piece, the blanks are expensive.

What about the 2x and 4x riteks? they are relatively cheap ($0.89 & $1.79 respectively) and if they offer good playback without pixelations/hesitation/skipping problems, i'd love to buy 'em.

homerj, i'll check out the datwrite classics. thanks

6. HomerJ

7. SSam

SSam Member

you are the man HomerJ. this site is exactly what i need to find the media that will work for me. Thaaaaanks