1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good dvd-r brands

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XNikoX, Mar 22, 2005.

1. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

What are some good dvd-r brands to copy PS2 games?

2. clouser

clouser Guest

tdk is good i use memorex and maxel princo is nothing but a wast of time and money.

3. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

i use ritek g04 they're the best i've ever used. they can take alot of scratches and still work fine. Also I haven't had one bad burn.

4. clouser

clouser Guest

ritek g04 is also a good brand like nuttin_88 said but i havent found them here in tucson.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I always use Phillips DVD-R 8X and they work every time. have also heard good things about the Ritec and TDK

but bad things about Memorex.

6. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Who here has TDk 4x? Are they good?

7. clouser

clouser Guest

there good my ps2 just dosent like the way they were made my friend used nero and my ps2 dosent like it.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

i have a friend who uses them and they work good. I can play them on both my V7 and my slim PSTwo.
    I don't use anything but Phillips DVD-R 8X myself for just about every game i burn. I have a 100% success rate with those discs. they have fast load times, are reliable and have a dark purple bottom surface which the PS2 loves. The darker the better.

9. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Thats weird because my Ps2 and my friends Ps2 dosnt read the TDK 8x disk very good.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you can find Taiyo Yuden, those are supposedly the best. I haven't used them personally, but I think they will be my next batch. I love the Ritek G04 (Don't like Ridata though), but a few months ago they started to go south (too many people buying all of a sudden, mass production leads to shotty manufacturing). I read that they're starting to get better, but I'm using the same batch I bought like 6 months ago.

11. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

right now i got mcc004 dvd+r and mcc02rg20/mcc03rg20 dvd-r they work great. ima get tyg01 when i run out. either mcc or tyg01 is good

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Be aware of buying Taiyo Yuden squizzle, there are MANY fakes made. They call them Taiyo Yuden but use crap dye still

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

14. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Hey i used Fuji dvd-r but they suc* how come they are in the top list of dvd-r?

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah, I read all about the TY fakes. If they say "Made in Japan" they're ok right?

16. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

Ive went through a number of disks for the ps2. My V.7 Likes ritek GO4s, TDks,sony,ridata,memorex, and fugi film. It dont read staples dvd-r,any cheap dvd,verdibams(how ever you spell that),maxell,and a few others.

17. clergykid

clergykid Member

I use Maxell's that are Made in Japan. Some are TY's and others come up as Maxell's own ID.

The Maxell's also do 8X but I always burn at 1X, works reliably for me.