1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good lord, Im sick of these glitches...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by c2sellit1, Oct 30, 2004.

1. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Ok, I have the original copy and a backup of san andreas...I am using the backup because my g/f has the original and I have the fliptop so it only makes sense...

I TRY and let me stress that I TRY to play gta-sa and I changed the disc speed, messed w/ the little white wheel and cleaned the laser and EVERYTHING! The game still has ridiculous load times and areas will still disappear, I backed it up about 5 times burning at different speeds and none of them work properly.

Has anyone fixed this problem???

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what dvdr media are you using?

3. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

What media are you using and what software program did you use ?

I would advise you to try out :
    Recordnowmax and a good brand of media

4. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I have used arita...I have not had any problems with any other game but this one....

5. VELCRO5

VELCRO5 Member

Ive had the same problems with GTA, map dissepears and the world will dissapear for 5 secs or so. I used Verbaitum DVD-R using DVD Decrypter. But i think its because i have like a v1 or v2 PS2

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Them glitches annoying as they are happen on the retail version to. Friends of mine who have it have seen it to.

Reason being is well the game is so huge that you are going along so fast going about your gaming business all the while everything else is still loading around you.

7. knapptown

knapptown Member

It may sound crazy but I backed up this game on sony 4x +r media and load times and gameplay are as good as the original. I used dvd decrypter and burnt at 2x. I tried using +r media on other games that I couldn't back up before on -r media, and the +r disk are sometimes the only media that I can use to sucessfully back up a game. I have a v4 so I suggest backing up to a decent +r disk and seeing if it works. You may be surprised.

8. RazorX

RazorX Member

it might be the burn speed..i got a v9 ps2 swap/fliptop..i used verbaitum -r ..i used dvd decrypter at 2x speed...try that