1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Media & Slow burning speeds

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Rahilb, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Rahilb

Rahilb Guest

I use cheap infiniti dvd-r media, 50 for about £8, and i always burn at 4x and i have not run into any problems yet (unless it is about the structure or patches)
    so why does everyone say you need to burn slow and use expensive media?

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well when i 1st started backing up my ps2 games i used cheap media and they would never work, i use Verbatim DVDs now witch i would say are good and they always work, i to almost all of the time burn at x4, some games require different speeds (sometimes) i have had some games were i need to burn slower and some i had to burn at x8 because they just wont work at x4 or slower. Sometimes the better media you buy the better chance it has of working without problems. i would say it also depends on your laser the newer models may not have any problems reading media that earlier models had problems with

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

cheaper discs=cheaper ink=quicker you will burn out your laser or the game will stop working.

but if they work for you, and you have games that have worked for a long time then i say go for it.

4. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

well as it stands,burning is a really bad way to copy dvds,but unfortunately it is the only way a pc can do it.thats why people have varying results depending on their burn setup(dvdrw drive,media,progs,etc...)when people give advice it is usually what worked for them.and if you tried what they did you might have to alter your settings a little bit.and it is really important that you maintain your ps2 properly.alot of problems stem from the ps2 lens not being cleaned or adjusted properly.