1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good modchip for using with 200 gig hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ttownhunk, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ttownhunk

ttownhunk Member

i am looking to mod my xbox with a modchip and a 200 gig hard drive. could anyone please let me knwo what is a good modchip to get. i have also heard that a maxtor harddrive is good to use and i want to make sure before i buy this stuff. i am looking to buy like tonight or tomorrow so any and all help would be appriciated. please try to tell me where is a good place to get the modchip when u tell me which one is good. also i have never soldered before but i heard that the no soldered ones dont work as good.
    thanks D

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

If you have a 1.6 xbox, no matter what, youre gonna be soldering.Its also not that the solderless dont WORK as good, its that its just not as good a connection, I use solder mods, and you can kick em etc, and the chip doesnt dislodge.
    Any decent modchip is good really, its more down to the bios, it needs to be patched for large hdd support, otherwise youll get 137gb max.
    if you want a nice easy bios flash, xecuter, xenium, etc are real easy. Price wise, if you mainly just want your xbox to play your bakups, run the apps like xbmc, emulators etc, then xecuter2.6 is the best value (preflashed with cromwell, very easy to flash a bios to, and easy to flash from evox) Plus I love the hdd /Lan lights etc on the 2.6 switch
    regarding the hdd brand, havent come accross a hdd that DOESNT work yet, and only 1 that didnt lock (thats cos it was an older ATA66 drive)
    you can get a 200gb drive now for about $90 sometimes even less.
    I know a great site for white label OEM drives, with a 1 year warranty, pm me if you need the info or any further help:)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  3. peachman

peachman Member

I recommend the xecuter 2.6 lite. I've installed over 30 of them with no problems. As for where to get it, I get mine from www.system-mods.com or www.modchip.ca

4. flynn53

flynn53 Member

SITES TO CHECK ARE IN MY SIGNATURE