1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Out of the Box System

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by mscindy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mscindy

mscindy Member

I was thinking about getting a home theater system, and am on the fence on whether or not wireless rear speakers are worth it. My fear is that they would lose signal, especially when the phone rings or microwave is turned on. Which brings me to this point... What is a good out of the box home theater system, with receiver, that is good for use at home?

2. Mr_Bill06

Mr_Bill06 Member

Not really many decent HTiB systems around anymore. I would suggest to take a look at Onkyo. With them you should get some half decent speakers and you will get a real receiver. I have seen HTiB systems that had a receiver with DVD player and it was smaller then some DVD players I just couldn't believe it. Another way you can go is buy the receiver and go speaker shopping.

3. CeddeeB

CeddeeB Member

Personally the Denon / Boston Acoustic bundle is one of the best I have seen. The sub is ugly yet small. Perfect for placement out of sight near a corner or sofa!