1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good printers

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by kinza, Mar 2, 2005.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

Does anyone know any good photo printers for under $150? I was thinking about the Canon ip3000 & ip4000 after reading some reviews. I want to print photos but I also want a printer that is good at text and graphics. Basically I want an all-purpose printer that has excellent photo quality on a tight-budget. Is there any way to cut down ink costs for printers? Also, how many pictures can you print before you have to replace the ink? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. kinza

kinza Regular member

is anyone going to help?

3. maliaus

maliaus Guest

The Epson R200 ($99), or the Epson R300 if you can afford the extra $30 ($179.00) Which gives you the option of printing directly to CD/DVD's also. If your wanting to do just Photos get the Epson Stylus RX500 is on sale for $149. You can also get the SOHO unit Epson CX4600 ($129.99) Its a scanner, copier and photo printer. Check them out, www.epson.com Best printers you find anywhere.

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

how many 4X6 photos do you think will print with the ink tanks full with the epson r300?

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

epson stylus 890 or 900 are excellent photo printers. I used to work for a photographer for the film industry and thats all he used to print his photos, and they looked amazing.

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

thanks for all your help but...i'm looking for something in a lower price range. maybe like the epson r200?