1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good quality DVD-9 discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by NaSMaX, Apr 1, 2005.

1. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Guest

Anyone has suggestions of some good DVD-9 brands and the stores that sell them?

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey NaSMaX,

Not sure about the brands. But if you want to know what stores to buy them in, are you talking about online stores or actual stores, like Staples, Office Depot, and Office Max.

Also, are you in the states or internationally?

If I had to get my own set, I would go with the Ritek or the Verbatim. I am not sure about the Memorex, because as you may have already read, they are outsourced through different manufacturing plants and you may/may not get a good batch.

Some sites you might try would be the stores that I listed above.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Guest

I'm is the midwest, in Missouri

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well if you want to go the route of the physical store...then I would suggest getting some of the Verbatim, and if they sell any Ritek as well.

I am not sure if the Taiyo Yuden sells dvd-9, but they are considered of high regard here on aD (AfterDawn) as far as dvd-5 is concerned.

I would check out those stores that I mentioned or any other tech stores in your area, such as CompUSA and so forth to get a really good deal. Also, Best Buy and Circuit City, usually have weekend deals going on since people are starting to buy more of them.

;)

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

NaSMaX,
    Go to Rima.com or Newegg.com or Meritline.com and get the Verbatim D/L disk. Not cheap but they are the best for now. Riteks D/L's have had some problems w/ their disks and they have promised to correct the problems and as far as Memorex I would not touch them w/ a 10 ft. pole