1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Quality DVD that can be used w/ Lightscribe

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by warrock, Mar 4, 2007.

1. warrock

warrock Member

I just bought a liteon external burner that has lightscribe and wanted to use the lightscribe feature but it says I need lightscribe discs. Now I was going to buy Verbatim media, since everyone recommends it, but are there other medias that are compatible with lightscribe or am I going to be forced to buy lightscribe?

Also are lightscribe DVD's just as good as Verbatim? If so where can I go to purchase them for cheap in bulk?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

DL media:

Verbatim-#1,made by Mitsubishi Chemical Corp
    HP- Made by Cmags,lower quality.

Not much of a choice,but Verbatim makes the best LS media that is out there.

They are nearly identical to their regular media,except an extra layer for scribing.They will have the same MID code as the regulars:
    Example: MCC-003 on the Verbatim +8x,both LS and regular,and same goes for their inkjet printables in the +8x speed.

Best bets for purchasing would be checking out:
    Supermediastore.com
    Rima.com
    Meritline.com

Local stores used to have sales on them,but have been scarce lately:
    Office Max
    Office Depot
    Best Buy

Keep an eye on jaspers weekly sales thread in the dvd+/-r Media forum.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

PHILIPS LightScribe 16X DVD+R Media (Version 1.2) 50 Pack in Cake Box Spindle
    DVD02X0233-050
    Sale Price: $22.99
    Quantity:

PHILIPS LightScribe 16X DVD+R Media (Version 1.2) 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle
    DVD02X0233-100
    Lightscribe 16X DVD+R
    These are at supermediastore.com and That's all I know about them other than they are most likely made by CMC for phillips ? But You pay your money & take your chances I suppose ? If I were going to try them I would try to find a couple of Singles first instead of a whole Spindle ! that way if they are CMC or worse Crap you have'nt bought Bundle of it that you can't use ? If it happens to work goood them maybe consider a spindle oft them ! I would stick with the verbatims myself ! Hope this helps ?

4. eventnick

eventnick Member

#########

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. eventnick

eventnick Member

########

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014