1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good site to buy from

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Cryptix, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

Hey if you have a site that you bought your mod chips from and you can vouche for their reliability/service, or if you want to bash a site for being crappy, list here! im looking for a place to buy my chip from

2. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

also which chip lets backups boot online? (with dnas protection in a game properly patched)

3. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

4. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

is divineo.com a good site as well?

5. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

PS. in canada

6. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

www.gocybershop.ca

They are located in Waterloo.

7. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

have u bought from them before?

8. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

From gocybershop?

Many times. They are very fast and have great customer service. I highly recommend them.

9. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

thanks, their prices arent bad too

10. hitemup08

hitemup08 Guest

so if i buy the hd advance i dnt need a modchip right???

11. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

thats correct...unless you want to load backup games onto the hard drive, in that case you will need a way to boot backups i.e. modchip or fliptop/swap magic

12. IguanaC64

IguanaC64 Member

The Toxic team is working on ToxicOS which provides HDAdvance like functionality for free for those who use DMS4 chips. According to the info, tho...it doesn't support larger than 120gig hard drives yet...tho, I imagine that should be coming soon (I'm not going to use it till it does =).

Otherwise, you'll need to get either HDAdvance or a patched HDLoader for that type of functionality even if you have a modchip...the difference with the modchip is that you won't need to use a pressed CD to use HDAdvance. You can...umm...get HDAdvance...umm...elsewhere... =)

Edit: Got my stuff from http://www.mrmodchips.com and got good service. They also have a kit for $5 that has most of the consumables (solder+wires) you'll need to do the solder work for the modchip. If you want to pick this stuff up locally, I found Fryes had everything I needed. Surprisingly Radio Shack only carries the most common stuff in their store that I went to. I couldn't find solder flux or 30 gauge wire there =/.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004