1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good Torrent software suggestions, please...

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jhorror, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jhorror

jhorror Member

I've always used newsgroups for downloading, with great results. I am now venturing into the Torrent thing. The only software I have used so far is BitTorrent. I know nothing about download speeds when using Torrents, but BitTorrent seems really slow. The highest download speed I've reached so far is 8 kbps. I have Cable Intenet, with a download speed of apprx 7000 kbps.

Could someone suggest some alternative Torrent software to use, with possible higher speed?

Any tips would be very much appreciated.

jhorror-fan

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

uTorrent and Azureus would be the top two. uTorrent is smaller and easier. Azureus has more functions and plugins, but you may not need them and it is heavier on the system.

I would suggest starting with uTorrent, although I use Azureus

At the top of this page is the "Guides" tab. Click on that and you will see that AfterDawn has guides for just about anything you would want. You could do a control-f and search for utorrent on the guides page and it will bring you to the section with all the client guides.

The guides are well laid out with clear wording and good screenshots. This will insure you have the proper settings to get good speeds.

3. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

4. kONTROL00

kONTROL00 Guest

I use bitcomet.. i dont think its the highest rated but ive used it forever.. I think it depends alot on your seeds & health because i get anywhere from 3kbps to 190kbps... depends how my day is going ...

5. sphynx630

sphynx630 Regular member

I use utorrent and following the guides here I'm able to get a maximum download speed of 1 MB/sec. I suggest utorrent and following the guides.

6. jhws

jhws Member

I totally agree with jeffw224.

uTorrent and Azureus are the best clients.

Azureus may eat a little more resources, but it's worth it as it has very sophisticated features to offer.

7. BigB92

BigB92 Member

I use utorrent because its small and easy to use. Plus you can run it stand alone, so if you share a computer with someone and they don't trust you to use P2P software you can rename the .exe and run that without any installation.