1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodfellas Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by newsdude1, Nov 3, 2004.

1. newsdude1

newsdude1 Member

SO I was trying to back up a copy of Goodfellas last night and was having some weird problems. When I went to reauthor there were 2 movie files called title 1 and title 7. When I would drag on or the other over I would get the movie but the sound was commentary on each. My audio was selected correctly on AC3 5.1 and everything else was off to conserve space. No matter what I tried I kept getting just the commentary. I could do a full disc but because of the two files which were full movie files the compression was way too much, like %50 or so. It's not a big deal but it was a little annoying. I've never seen anything like it before. Any opinions on what was going on?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Considering that this is the DVD Shrink forum I am guessing that you were using DVD Shrink to do the job. (The way things are at aD, not everything is where it should be.)

I did that movie about 2 weeks ago. I left the AC3 files there too. Deleted all credits from the end of the first half and when the "Good Guys" were leaving the card game after killing off the bar kid I clipped it there and inserted a 2 second "Black" title gap between there and the conversation beginning in the bedroom. Deep anaylsis and Maximum smoothness through the whole thing and the finished product was excellent !

BTW, I deleted the "director's cut" commentary myself giving myself more room (less compression) but perhaps you wanted to keep yours -

Cheers,

Pete

3. newsdude1

newsdude1 Member

Yeah I was using Shrink. I didn't want the director's commentary on but any way I did it with either of the files the only audio I had was the director commentary.
    It was the collecter's edition disc. I'm stumped why I couldn't get it to work.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If I may suggest, try Nero's recode 2 - it works the same way as DVD Shrink BUT you keep your menu functions when you re-Author. Choose DVD Remake when you use it -

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

Cheers,

Pete