1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google apps not working on fire phone

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by tali1, Nov 14, 2016.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

This has been going on for 2 days on my Amazon fire phone-which is up to date
    First the google search would not work and then maps were just hanging .I checked other apps and browsers and they worked fine.
    checked other google apps and none are working either (analytics. youtube , gmail mytracks ,mymaps, google settings, google voice ,play store - but the phones own voice works and when i ask for a google product/app it says "sorry i cannot find that for you")
    Fire camera working - but not my app camera.
    Device not recognised by PC visa usb
    However Google earth with streetview is working
    restarted phone - same prob.switched off fully - same problem.
    Cleared cache on maps - - same problem.
    Cleared data on maps - - now when i click on maps -i just get a black screen.I've hit a dead end now
    Cleared cache on all Google apps - same problem
    Cleaned with clean master - same problem
    Deleted last two recent apps - same problem
    Any ideas , before i have to reinstall or reset ?

2. mahlemuts

mahlemuts Member

google apps do not work natively on the Fire phone - I assume you have copied the google account manager and framework apks over to get some of the apps working?

Fire OS (phone) is based on Android 4.4 kitkat, so make sure you dont update the google apps as they will no doubt need a minimum of 5.0.1 lollipop to run from now on - try uninstalling them and looking fro 'older' versions that support 4.4 and do not update them.

3. mahlemuts

mahlemuts Member

dont use cleaning apps, they tend to delete empty folder that may be required by the OS