1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

google

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by hursty, Feb 23, 2005.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

where has it gone?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The Google search at aD's forums? As it was much-hated by our users and was there only as a temporary solution, it has been finally replaced with our own search engine as we've finally switched over to new server cluster with our forums (as you can read from our news section).

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

and boy oh boy has it made a difference! I can actually access the forum at high speed at any time of the day now! Thanks and glad the new servers are running good!

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

djscoop: I'm happy to hear that the switch has made a difference. We continue to monitor the server stability, but now that the peak hours are behind us, it seems that the servers lived up to the expectations we had for them, even tho our fail-over system isn't in place yet.

The other site sections will get moved to the new cluster within next week or so and after that I truly hope that we finally can actually focus on site development rather than spending last 14 months trying to get the PoS application server we had to work as it should have been.