1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordian Knot:Deinterlace - Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Enc0de, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

I have a 4:3, NTSC, Interlaced video. I used TMPGEnc to handle the NTSC, so now I have 23.970fps, instead of 29.9. I convert the tpr file to a avi (vfapi), then load it up into GK. At the compression test screen, I select 'field deinterlace', and I get a avisynth error that says "FieldDeinterlace: YV12 format only" "LastCompCheck.avs, line 30". This disc is american. This is the first season of seinfeld, season 3 works fine. I am at a loss. I could really really use some help.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i think you can IVTC in gordian knot.
    not sure how you do it through gknot.
    but i'll either use telecide using decomb plugin.
    or
    TIVTC using TIVTC plugin

so no need going through tmpg and vfapi. that will heacka slow and you might lose quality.

3. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

Okay. I didn't think that vfapi converted the yv12 file to RGB. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

tmpgenc converts to rgb to.

5. markusk

markusk Regular member

What actually happened early in the process (29.9->23.970) was IVTC which is a bad idea if the source is truly interlaced (television shows are generally interlaced).
    What you should do here is rip with DVD decrypter -> open vobs with DGindex and save to dv2 -> open d2v in GK and there select FieldDeinterlace

If you want to go on with your current method then adding ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true) before your FieldDeinterlace-command will help here.