1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got 1.50 psp what now?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jaylee1, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jaylee1

jaylee1 Member

Ok I finally got my hands on a psp and its a 1.50. I've been having a read here and there flicking through the tuts and stuff, but I,m still none the wiser. Do i need to change the fw to run iso's or will the original 1.50 do it. Would I be better off upgrading to a newer version,if so which one, are there any compatability issues?
    I see a lot of tuts about stuff but i could do with one really good one to fill in all the gaps, a total newbies guide to psp lingo would fit the bill anyone got one or know where to find one....?
    Thanks J

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

1.50 can run iso but you need a program called devhook, its a bit of a hassle. I would suggest using the link in my signature to get to 3.03 oe-c, then just reformat your memory stick and drop your iso/cso files in the iso folder.

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

some of the most recent games require a firmware higher that 3.03 and dont work with 3.03 oe-c

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

yup that is true, like he stated some games require a newer firmware so if you want you can look for a 3.40 oe-a easy installer. I believe theres a couple threads on afterdawn with it.

5. jaylee1

jaylee1 Member

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll look for the easy 3.40 installer then I have seen some firmware downloads on newsbin and torrents but is it risky to use these as some of the file comments dont recomend using them.
    There is a 3.40 on the dark lex site is this different to the easy version?

Edit:

Ok got the 3.40 easy installer but i read that this will take any custom fw to 3.40 but i dont know if mine is oe in the settings it just says 1.50 so do i need to install 3.40 manually???? or can i use the easy installer? or is there an easy installer that i can use first then easy 3.40?

A lot of questions I know but I like to know what I'm doing b4 i start and thanks for the help...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  6. staxx

staxx Regular member

You are able to use it from 1.50...you have to be careful about which dark alex site you got it from cause there are a few fake sites around that have files that can brick your system.

Just to be sure your using the proper one, you can find the correct installer here... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500493

7. jaylee1

jaylee1 Member

Thanks for that Staxx that is the one i found at psp hacks so i will give it a go, just to make sure i'm not running a custom fw I am on 1.50 and I can use the easy340 strait on to it?? Yes??

8. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

yes..you can,just follow the instuction you get with the easy3.40