1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a 700MB CD with 800MB stored and want to make a copy

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hala, Jul 1, 2002.

1. hala

hala Guest

Does anyone have a clue on how to get this done. I am using a plextor writer and Nero 5.5, I'm trying some things now and will let you guys know if I get it done. But if anyone has some great ideas I would appreciate it!!
    Just found out about this site and this site kicks a$$!

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Have you made the 800mb disc using XCD? I don't see any reason why it would not copy normally with Nero or similar.

3. hala

hala Guest

I did not make the 800MB CD just trying to copy...I'm new to both VCD and Nero. However the only way I got the info was extract the .dat file and create a VCD however it does not seem to work with all CD's.

In your opinion what is the best burning software out there.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

So it is a regular VCD. Any software should be able to copy it. DiscJuggler has pretty advanced copy features and CloneCD of course too.

5. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

800 MB is the capacity of a 700MB CDR in VCD mode.

The "copy CD" process CD-RW.ORG speaks about is a separated function in Nero.

6. hala

hala Guest

Appreciate all your advice and will try cd clone and juggler...I noticed that after extracting the .dat files and copying the vcd that the cd worked fine...and I was than able to copy directly from the CD that i had made..however the original CD would not allow CD copying... I thought it was pretty clever how one accomplished this being that it was a copied version itself... any ideas on how I could do the same.

Thanks