1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got a letter

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by andy15, Apr 13, 2005.

1. andy15

andy15 Regular member

This morning I recievd a letter form blueyonder i am located in the uk. this is what they have to say.

We are contacting you to let you know all uploads on your connectin have been decresed to 1-2kb per second but a extra 5 kb download. This is because you constatley upload movies and gimes from your computer.

They have not mentioend me downloading ust uploading so does that mean i was illigaley uploading but downloading leagaly. will this effect my download speeds on bittorent i use torrent spy and pirate bay for torrents bitlord as a client

2. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Thats lame man. I'm curious as to if you switched providers (ISP) if they would still limit your speeds.... anywayz I think the Industry is after uploaders more so than Downloaders....get the source...

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yeah thats basically it in a nutshell if the conglomerates have their way and stop uploading/uploaders technically there will be nothing to download

as previously said ......stop it at source

4. andy15

andy15 Regular member

only broadband isp in the area. If i am not uploading will this effect my downloading

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yes because then you will look like a leecher:(

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Blueyonder are generally pretty fair read the following carefully...

Section 2.1.3 of the Acceptable Use Policy says:

# You are prohibited from storing, distributing, transmitting or causing to be published any Prohibited Material through your use of the Services. Examples of "Prohibited Material" shall be determined by Telewest (acting in its sole discretion) and shall include (but are not limited to) material that:

# infringes or breaches any third party's intellectual property rights (which shall include, but not be limited to copyright, trade mark, design rights, trade secrets, patents, moral rights, paternity rights and performance rights) - this includes the use, distribution and/or copying of any material without the express consent of the owner;

It also says in section 8b

1. Telewest may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate a User's service for violation of any of part of this AUP at any time and without warning.

2. As a general matter Telewest [bold]shall attempt to work with Users to cure violations[/bold] and to ensure that there is no reoccurrence of the violation prior to terminating Services, but it shall not be obliged to do so.

If I were you I would run a daily bandwidth test to see if they really have capped you, and if so call and speak to them.

*BE NICE* they can terminate your account/connection in seconds.