1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got a new ps3 yesterday..

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by shivam, May 22, 2007.

1. shivam

shivam Guest

i just got a new ps3 and one game nba street home court. cud nyone tell me if there ny cool hacks for the ps3 like u get in ps3-hacks.com...

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Right now the best thing is installing Linux (Yellow Dog, Fedora Core, Ubutnu etc.) You can play SNES roms and stuff. IMO.

There is a 1.60 to 1.50 firmware downgrader. Nothing too special but its a good accomplishment.

One of my favorite hacks is you can bypass the Sony firmware update with Linux, because when you go online it will make you update your PS3, but you don't have to update with the Linux exploit. So you can play online with a lower firmware.

Thats pretty much all i can think of.

OH one more thing, you can boot PS2 backups, there is a guide in this forum for it. No swap magic required i believe, though i have yet to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  3. shivam

shivam Guest

alrite got it thnnx so ill get linux from ps3-hacks awhat.................

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

ps3-hacks doesn't have linux .iso's just follow one of the stickied guides on here for yellow dog or fedora core 5. I made a guide for Ubuntu.