1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a question pal to ntsc

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by c2sellit1, Mar 6, 2005.

1. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I recently burned a video file that was in the pal format and when I play it on my dvd player it rolls the screen, obviously because the format is pal and my player is ntsc but my question is how can I fix this? I cant find a region free code for my dvd player (magnavox mrv640 if anyone knows of one) but is their any program that I can use to conver the ISO image into the correct format?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you would Have to do is Rip the DVD to your Hard Drive and then Convert the Vob/Mpeg-2 files to NTSC useing a Good Quality Mpeg encoder that Does proper Pal/NTSC Conversions.....

There is Only one Mpeg encoder that does "Proper" Pal/NTSC Conversions and Produces exelent Quality and that is "Canopus Procoder" there is also a manual Method useing a Tool called "AVISynth" that uses a Scripting Language to implement it"s Functions...
    It is Extremely Complex but it does the Best Pal/NTSC Conversions.....
    You can also do Good Pal/NTSC Conversions useing a High End editing Program Like "Sony Vegas Video 5" or "Adobe Premier Pro 1.5" but these programs are Fairly slow....

Cheers