1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a quick question, if someone can help me

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Blink77, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Blink77

Blink77 Member

Hey I have a 3.03 FW and downgraded it to 1.5. The problem is, is that after it was all done the downgrade, the screen was constantly black. It never came on but I could still hear the menu and it turned on and stuff. So then I decided it was screwed up and had to guess and hope I was hitting the right buttons. I connected it USB, put in a 3.03 upgrade, got lucky and successfully reupgraded it to 3.03. Now, what I think my problem was, is that I never formatted my memory stick and never restored my default settings. I want to redowngrade but the question is: will it brick my psp? I have a TA-082 motherboard if that means anything. I just want to know if I can redowngrade or if it will brick it because of reflashing it. If there is a way pleas tell me. Thanks!

2. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

You shouldn't really have upgraded again.

The problem was that some TA-082 that get downgraded have the screen brightness settings reversed, so it starts up with a black screen. Pressing the screen button will make it work. I think you can downgrade again ok, but read up first.

And if you get a black screen again, you know what to do.

3. Blink77

Blink77 Member

when you say 'you know what to do' do you mean re-upgrade again? And..so is there a big risk if I re-downgrade I will brick it? I googled a lot of stuff and found one place saying that it is not good because if you re-downgrade, remnants of 3.03 flash are still in it. So is there a way to reformat the flash or something? Sorry if I am asking stupid questions, I am a complete noob at psp hacking.