1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got a virus that doesn't act like one??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by youngjedy, Apr 3, 2005.

1. youngjedy

youngjedy Member

hello and good day to all. Have a question for the powers that be. I just found out that I have a virus/worm. Google calles it a worm. Anyway, I've searched the web for thast couple of days trying to find a way to get rid of it, and the same info keeps coming up. I have IE-6, but the damn patch keeps saying I need IE-6 installed and I do. I have NAV and it's uptodate. What can I do? I'm thinking about calling Microsoft ans asking them because it's a free call. If anyone have a better idea, I'm all ears. The virus is called (Bloodhound.exploit.6)thanks and have a great day. P.S. when I do run NAV, it say the system has no virus. I was surfing the net the other day and out of no where, this red box pops up and NAV says it can't fix this infection. Help a newbie out please.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported.

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

replay I would try booting in to safe-mode with networking and then goto http://housecall.antivirus.com then scan your computer remember to check the box that says auto clean