1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got an easy question about a modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DopeFreak, May 14, 2007.

1. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

ok so im thinking of getting this modchip. ITs the cheapest decent one ive foudn so far and says it works for all drives but it also says it supports DL - DVD-R burning. Does this mean that DL DVD+R burning wont play in the 360 cause i read the tutorial in the afterdawn forum it says u need DL-DVD+R discs its the only ones the 360 recognizes??????????

link: http://www.mod-chip.com/index-cart-us.php?go=en/select_xbox360_main.htm

also do i have to take apart the xbox anytime to update firmware and shit or can i just install the chip and thats it. CAuse im gonna take it to my local radio shack cause supposedly thats where u go to get stuff installed like this.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

they have to open it to put the chip in there so your warranty is already gone. And i do not know much about the chips or what they can and can't do since 95% of the people you will find just flashed their 360's DVD drive instead.

3. yesser

yesser Guest

dont do the chip, just flash your drive

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

no radioshack won't flash or modchip ur 360.

5. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

aight ill do that i watched a video of a guy taking apart the 360. Do i need any special cords or anything to flash it??

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

is it samsung? there is a tutorial on it you need a special pci card for pc.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

there should be some tutorials around for flashing it. It depends on which drive you have as to what you need. And you at least need to have SATA ports in your PC to do it.

8. yesser

yesser Guest

ok if you do some research you wont have to ask as many questions and you could find out your self, sorry but i had to go threw the same process when i first got on this site. hears a hint go to the flash/backup/burn and you might be able to find out or hears another hint....it starts with a g and end with oogle