1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got an old xbox kiosk unit but need installation media disc?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by woodz77, Apr 5, 2013.

1. woodz77

woodz77 Member

as title really , just got the kids on of the kiosk units from the game shops , with the tv and older first xbox that has the hdd that clips on etc .

but the kids pressed reset on the unit within a minute of having it on and now its useless

all it says is "no content found on kiosk . insert the kiosk installation media" ????

pls anyone help me source this disk or a way of getting the xbox working ????

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. woodz77

woodz77 Member

Sorry it's Xbox 360 , and it's English so I'm guessing that's what pal and NTSC means ? So it's Pal ?

Also I've got virgin media Internet snd they won't let you use piratebay :-( is there another link for anywhere else to get this download ? Or anyone one fancy downloading and burning me a disc for a few quid ?

Dying to show the unit to the kids ;-)

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

pal or ntsc are regions not language it doesn't mean the disc itself is region locked,it's what the uploader put on the write up,the piratebay only had that one link,you can get around website blocking there's more than one option,go to the 4th link down

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=how+to+visit+websites+blocked+by+isp&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

hehehe

7. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Did anyone explain something!!!!

See reseting the xbox 360 wouldn't cause this display unit to stop functioning if it is asking for a installation media my guess would be the console has no real xbox live dashboard but instead a software based dashboard which can only be installed from a disk now dont get so discouraged this doesnt mean your display model is dead it means it will cost you a lot of money to get it fixed you first need to go to www.ebay.com and look for a english ntsc or pal disk a real one copied ones won't work remember kiosk machines are designed as followed.

1. no xbox live

2. only plays games the dashboard is designed for meaning a older dashboard wont play halo 4

so you will need to find out a lot of things

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

as title really , just got the kids on of the kiosk units from the game shops , with the tv and older first xbox that has the hdd that clips on etc .

but the kids pressed reset on the unit within a minute of having it on and now its useless

all it says is "no content found on kiosk . insert the kiosk installation media" ????

pls anyone help me source this disk or a way of getting the xbox working ????
    did he ask for halo 4?
    did he ask for live?
    did he ask for the boot disc as he wants the kiosk back up and running??
    did he ask for halo 4?
    did he ask for live?
    did he ask for the boot disc as he wants the kiosk back up and running??

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

and you can plug any xbox into a kiosk and it will work

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member