1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got green light!!! aligning matrix

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pfitz, Apr 14, 2003.

1. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

quick question, after adding some solder to the points that line up with the chip i got it to light up green. also, i had to place a piece of card (wrapped with electrical tape) folded in half under the chip opposite of the d0 connection so as to tilt the chip towards the d0 to make a connection. now, i booted the box after getting the green light to double check that it lid up green again and it did. as you recall, i have a v1.0, matrix mod with evox 2.6 bios which verified properly after programming. when i switch to mode 2, i get black screen and the xbox turns off and on three times but nothing on the screen. i burned evolution1.8 dashboard onto fujifilm cdrw, i dont even think the disc spins. also, the eject button flashes green and orange. anybody suggestions please, i am stuck!!!!

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

its an alignment issue bro.. make sure the d0 pin is making a good connection.. .. thats what happens when its not.

3. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

one quick quesiton, if the pins all line up properly when installing matrix, and the green light flashes during mode 1 testing feature, once you reboot, using mode 2 to fully enable the matrix bios, and using evox 1.8 dashboard, what should appear on the screen. i get the green blob from microsoft

4. Dank

Dank Regular member

you should use a color bios on your matrix like the D6 Blue.. hat way when you boot up the xbox logo will be blue when it is working.. much easier to know if its working

5. shoez

shoez Guest

One thing that helped me doing a pogo pin install was loosening all the mobo screws before trying to mount the pins. Give that a try.

6. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

I cannot thank you guys enough. I finally got the Matrix chip to work. After 6 hours of hassles, and using the D6 Blue bios, the blue boot screen allowed me to isolate the problem of alignment or cd media. I want to say thanks to everyone out there who supports each other with advice,and often times rude comments-THANKS, LIVE ON!!!