1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Modded Xbox and Im Stuck

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jonesy827, Feb 24, 2005.

1. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

Well, I just payed a guy to mod my xbox...and i got it back today. I never had a modded xbox..this is what I have tried..i think its an x2.6 lite....i put it on bank one chip enabled and flash protect on...it boots normal like an xbox but the logo is blue...then it stays there a second and the light turns red, and it goes to the normal xbox screen...i tried bank two also and i got the same thing...does anyone know what to do? he said he would put evox on it so i figured he did...maybe not though...

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

sounds like you need to install a dashboard...if your box boots a blue x logo that means the chip has been flashed...now you just need to throw a dashboard on there.

did he tell you which bios he used to flash the chip?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005
  3. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

he is not home it there a way to check the bios with a disk or is there a bios that I can install for any bios?? i know that i want evox and xbmc....is xbmc a dashboard? can I have two dashboards? i have slayer's evox auto installer? can i just put that on a disk and put it in the xbox?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yeah you can use slayer's to install a dashboard.

boot up the slayer's disc and see if you can ftp...if you can backup the C an E partitions to your pc...then use slayer's to do the install.

you upgrading your hd?

you got msn messenger or aim? if you do, send me a private message with your screen name.

5. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

ok i pm'ed both of them...i burned slayer's to a khypermedia cd-r and it didnt do anything when i put it in...would a dvd-r work better? I only have like 20 of those so idk if its a good idea...add me to aim or msn...