1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my burning down from 2.5 hr to 13 min

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dayspring, Jan 13, 2005.

1. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Hi,
    Just thought I would share with you some of my good news after posting and reading several posts about getting the burning time down and all the DMA related posts, it finally clicked becouse I am using a USB burner on the old USB 1.1 connection and getting results of 2.5 hr if I get a USB 2.0 PCI card hopefully this will drop the time down.

And it kicks a** the cost £5.35 for a card if you shop around many are priced at £30 what a rip off.

But the encoding and analysing still is taking 2.5 hr on the internal DVD rom I have tried it on the USB still the same, I only have a 1GHz processr and 192Mb ram.

Anyway hope this helps others who don't have P4 3GHz, 512mb DDR Ram's etc.

Dayspring

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

192Mb of ram? I think thats your problem. Get more ram, see faster results.

3. lhunter

lhunter Member

This process is process intensive, not really that memory intensive. To cut time get the right software, get a new dvd rw and have a current processor

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you made sure your internal burner is set to DMA mode and try updating your firmware at the manufacturers website.

5. dayspring

dayspring Guest

I have tried to update the firm ware and failed is this the same as update drivers ?
    Its a samsung DVD tray, checked the DMA settings and all set to DMA if available - whats firm ware ? and any links for the Samsung DVD's would be a god send
    Dayspring

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have other devices on the IDE Cable you use with your burrner?

Example
    Hard drive then your burrner on same IDE Cable: this could slow your encoding down.

DVD Burrner and a CD-ROM on same IDE Cable: If so Set Burnner at master CD-ROM at slave and place whatever you use to read the DVD while encoding in the middle slot of the IDE Cable.

There will be a diffrence. Others have had slow Shrink time switched the Drive that was reading to the middle slot and cut encoding time almsot in half.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I can provide you a link to your firmware if you give me the model number of your drive

8. dayspring

dayspring Guest

[bold]bbmayo[/bold]
    Thank for the help my DVD-rom is a Samsung model SD-616Q

]bold]larrylje [/bold]

I have set the
    1) DVD-rom as master and in the nearest slot to the motherboard,

2) CD-RW as slave and in the end slot away from the motherboard,

3) My USB DVD burner is separet through USB 2 PCI card

Is this correct? I haven't changed the layout and it's giving me the high Anaysis and Ecoding times using the USB PCI card has got my burning time down. Am istill doing some thing wronge?
    Dayspring

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2005
  9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

if its still burnning slow it probably is your RAM and processor. I had a 900Mhz computer with 250 meg ram when i first started using DVDShrink and took close to 2 hours to encode it.