1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my M3 DS Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Lutheran, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Lutheran

Lutheran Member

And I also got my flashed DS LITE in the same day lol...but I don't have my damn micro sd card and won't have it till Friday..I am tempted to run down to the store and buy a small one to just play with. While I ponder that is there anything I can do now to test this out , to make sure the flash was done correctly? I don't even have a game to stick in the slot to use the picto chat A room to check the color out lol. Anyway I am just happy I got most of my stuff so fast already.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

well, some flashes remove the safety warning in the beginning. also, having a flashed ds and a simply is kinda redundant. the only advantage i can think of is brick recovery from the flash. well, i'm not sure if it's on the flash your ds has...

anyways, enjoy!

3. Lutheran

Lutheran Member

Yes I didn't even realize that with this M3 you don't even need a firmware flash. But I bought the LITE already flashed before I even knew the M3 existed. I am buying a cheap 512kb microsd tomorrow because I can't wait till the end of the week for my 1GB card to arrive. I will then report back here , one question though...is my M3 Simply already ready to use or will I need to update the firmware? The cd that comes with it is version 1.01. I will check mr hankys guide for more details.

4. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

From personal experience I have not come across any issues which result from using 1.02b as opposed to 1.01.

Soft reset is good to have and the brightness adjustment is nifty!

5. Lutheran

Lutheran Member

Works pretty flawlessly , real sweet. Thanks for all the advice especially Mr Hanky.